Friday, December 18, 2009

Christmas Break!

Today is my last day of work until January 4!!!!! (Can you tell I'm excited?). That's a great perk about being a teacher....lots of holidays. We have so much planned over the break that we are looking forward to!

Here is my weekly baby update:
How far along? 26 weeks (actually, the way I update my blog begins to confuse me. I usually update at the end of a week. However, as of today I am 26 weeks, but hit 27 weeks tomorrow (Sat). So I guess technically I'm "almost" 27 weeks.
Total weight gain? I go to the Dr. Monday, so I'll let you know next week (let me tell you, it's not gonna be pretty......waaaaaaay too many holiday treats!)
How big is baby? He weighs about 1 2/3 pounds and is the length of a "English hothouse cucumber" (as quoted by babycenter). What that is, I have no clue!
Sex? Boy
Maternity Clothes? Definitely
Stretch Marks? No, but have ordered a new cream from Mama Mia and it is amazing!!!!
Sleep? Not so great this week. He likes to move around at night, and I'm pretty sure he turned into position on Sunday night (he has been breach)
Best Moment this Week: Knowing as of 3 p.m today and I am off work for a while!
Movement: Lots of it and I love feeling him move! I always thought people were weird when they told me they miss feeling the baby move after delivery, but I can kind of see what you people mean now! His kicking is getting so hard, my stomach physically moves at times.
Food Cravings: Smoked salmon. We went to a wedding last weekend and they served smoked salmon....I could smell it a mile away and was almost in tears! I love smoked salmon!!! (I think I might have Austin run to Bottega after delivery and get me an order of the smoked salmon appetizer......)
Labor Signs: None
Belly Button: Still in, thank goodness!
What I Miss: Being able to put knee high boots on easily. I often need a little assistance from Austin.
What I'm looking forward to: Being off work for 2 weeks!
Words of Wisdom: I completely realize how fortunate I am this year. I think often times I take so many things for granted. I'm trying to focus on family, friends, and all the good things in life this year. I remember the day we found out we were pregnant. I completely freaked out. I always thought it would take a while for it to happen (guess I didn't pay attention in Health class), and the thought of becoming a parent scared me to death. I quickly realized how fortunate we are and how so many people don't get to experience the joy of children or go through major heartbreak on the road to becoming a parent. So please remember all you have to be thankful for this Christmas season!!!!!
Weekly Gripe: People staring at my stomach like somethings going to pop out and eat them. Haven't you ever seen a pregnant lady??????

I go to the Dr. Monday and have to take the dreaded glucose test! I'll let you guys know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment