Friday, December 4, 2009

Tis' the Season!

I'm going to start by saying that I LOVE LOVE LOVE Christmas time! I love everything about the season. The smells, Christmas music, the sounds of the Salvation Army people ringing their bells and wishing you a Merry Christmas, traditions, family time, presents, and the true meaning of Christmas! This year I realize I have so much to be thankful for and owe that all to the Lord. He is a wonderful God and I am so grateful for all he has given myself and my family. I hope you enjoy the season as much as I do!

As far as baby boy updates, Austin and I are SO ready to see him and meet him! I keep wondering what this precious angel is going to look like. Will he look like me, like Austin, or have a mix of both of us???? Only 16 more weeks until we find out! We have decided not to do the 3/4d Ultrasound (they freak Austin out) and be surprised when he gets here! Recently we've started the beginnings of preparing his room. I'm going through a "nesting phase" and have most of the room cleaned out. I now have to find a new place to put all the junk I cleaned out though! We plan on painting after the first of the year. By that time his furniture and bedding should be close to arriving.

Here is our weekly update:
How far along? 24 weeks
Total weight gain: Still holding at around 8 pounds (as I said in an earlier post, in an attempt to keep some self esteem I refuse to step on the scales at home. Only at the Dr.'s office!)
How big is baby? He weighs a little over a pound and just over a foot long
Sex: Boy!
Maternity Clothes: You betcha!
Stretch Marks: Not yet. Still packing on my preventive cream daily though. I'm almost out of my tube, so Santa if you're reading I would love some Stretch Mark Cream in my stocking (wonder how many people ask Santa for that????)
Sleep: Not great this week. Baby boy is apparantly like his daddy and is a bit of a night owl. He gets really upset when I roll over on my belly accidentally....he lets me know very quickly that I'm making him uncomfortable!
Best moment this week: Honestly this has been a long week and I've had 50 million things going on. I can't think of a great moment, but still love feeling him move around! Also, Christmas Vacation has been on AMC every night this week! Best movie ever!
Movement: Definitely picking up!
Food Cravings: Frosted Flakes....yummy!!!!!!
Labor Signs: None
Belly Button: Still in, but I am terrified of the week I have to tell you all that it's an outie! It's gonna happen soon.....just a matter of days.
What I miss: When did putting on knee-high boots get so hard? Oh yeah...when I got pregnant.
What I'm looking forward to: Fun-filled weekend with family!
Words of Wisdom/Weekly Gripe: Nothing here, but do have a funny story. A few weeks ago I went to Chick-fil-A and got a Peppermint Choc. Chip milkshake. Heaven!!!! All was good until I got out of my car and dropped it on the ground. Bottom busted right out of the cup so none of it could be saved. So, the other night after dinner I convinced Austin that I just HAD to have another one and we made the journey to Chick-fil-A. I actually finished this one with no problem....until about 3 hours later when I got SO sick! I'm talking about sicker than I have been my whole pregnancy! Apparantly somebody does not like the milkshake (and that somebody might be living in mommy's tummy)! Hope everyone enjoys a peppermint chocolate milkshake this season!

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Chad and I love watching Christmas Vacation and we watched it too several times last week!!

    I cannot believe that the milkshake did that.. poor thing!!!!!

    BTW no worries what the scale says, you look great!!!

    ReplyDelete