Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Baby Update

Hope everyone is having a happy (but very rainy here) Wednesday! As of yesterday, we are 38 weeks, only a little time left before we meet our little guy. My doctor's appointment went well yesterday. I have made progress, am now 3 centimeters and 70%. The doctor I saw said she thinks I will have him sometime next week! She also said I will probably have a quick labor, so I'm thinking about camping out at the hospital all week......I DO NOT want to miss my chance for an epidural! So, Austin and I are in last-minute preparation mode, making sure everything is ready for baby boy at home.

Here is our weekly update:
How far along? 38 weeks, 1 day
Total weight gain: Stayed the same this week, which was nice!
How big is baby: Weighs almost 7 pounds and about 19 inches long, according to BabyCenter
Sex: Boy (hopefully...I will die if this baby comes out a girl!)
Maternity clothes: Yes, they are getting tight and I am sick of them!!!!!!
Stretch marks: Ugghhhhhh........yes. Already found some cream online that I plan on ordering though (A "Stretch Mark Eraser" cream....we'll see if it's worth the $70 I'm gonna spend)
Sleep: Depends on the night, very dreamy and I keep imagining what it will be like when he finally arrives!
Best moment this week: As I say every week, I love hearing his little heartbeat at my appointments. Also, the nursery is finally completely done! Will post some pictures later on this week.
Movement: How many twilight fans do I have out there???? I swear this child is trying to pull a Renesmee and bust out of my stomach! It hurts when he moves a lot!
Food cravings: Apple juice....I could drink a gallon of it.
Labor signs: Still having a few contractions, nothing consistent, but hopefully will start this weekend!
Belly button: Just looks funny
What I miss: Shoes and socks are much harder to put on.
What I'm looking forward to: Normal clothes, smoked salmon, life without heartburn, the list goes on and on and on................
Words of wisdom: Only 3 days of work until my maternity leave starts!
Weekly gripe: Spring Break.....and the fact that my doctor is out of town all next week due to it! I mean really...do doctors need vacations? Okay, so I know I'm being selfish, but I am really upset about this! Whatever, as long as somebody is there to deliver him.

As I mentioned above, the nursery is finished! I will take and post some pics later on.....it is adorable, just missing a "sleeping baby" in it (notice I said sleeping, not crying, not spitting up, not anything else....just sleeping)!

Have a happy day ( and try to stay dry!)!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. That is great news!! I am so happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to meet my sweet nephew!!! See you soon! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete