Sunday, November 29, 2009

Update!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! We spent a few days in Georgia visiting my sister and family, which was so much fun. I had my monthly doctor's appointment on Monday, so it's time for a new update!

How far along? 23 weeks
Total weight gain? Almost 8 pounds (not too bad!)
How big is baby? Around 1 pound and the length of an ear of corn
Sex: Boy!
Maternity Clothes: Yes
Stretch Marks? Not yet.
Sleep? Pretty good, but am having some crazy pregnancy dreams!
Best moment this week: Austin finally felt baby boy kick! We were so excited!!!
Movement: movement has been getting stronger and stronger every day. He had the hiccups the other night, which was cute but annoying at the same time!
Food cravings: Carbs!
Labor signs? None
Belly Button: Still in, but getting smaller and longer from left to right. It definitely does not look normal at the moment. Guess it will only get worse...
What I miss: BoldBeing able to bend over easily (makes putting your socks on somewhat difficult!)
What I'm looking forward to: CHRISTMAS!!!! I absolutely love the Christmas season!
Words of Wisdom/Weekly Gripe: I was finally able to get my swine flu shot a few weeks ago (Dr. said it was a MUST to get). Long story, but I had to go to the health department to get it. Let's just say that I am SO SO SO thankful for health insurance and my wonderful doctor's office after visiting the health department. After braving the HD, my doctor informed me on Monday that they now had the vaccine in their office. Great.....a little too late.

I hope everyone is getting in the Christmas spirit as I definitely am! This year I've decided to focus more on the reason for celebrating Christmas. I see all these ads for "Holiday" , etc. I visit babycenter.com frequently and a girl recently posted about being an atheist, and in the same post mentioned Christmas. Here's my question....if you don't believe, why do you celebrate the month of December???? Shouldn't it be just another month of the year for you? When I had my ultrasound done, I sat there thinking "how can anyone not believe in the Lord after seeing/experiencing a child?". I will never understand some people's thoughts on religion. However, I have my beliefs and my faith and I suppose that's all that matters!!! Sorry for getting off on a rant.....

Hope you all have a great week! Also, I always wonder if anyone actually reads my blogs! Please leave me comments when you visit!!!!

4 comments:

  1. I read your blogs!!! I agree with you on the atheist and Christmas. If they do not beleive then they should just be having a regular month. It frustrates me too!!

    I am glad to hear everything is going so well!! See you later this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! Do you need a body pillow? I have one & used it with Jake - helped sleeping tremendously!! Let me know & I'll bring it over - just need to buy a pillowcase (can't find mine but haven't looked good either!)
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your postings, Emily! From Randi - I worked with Jen at Central and miss her terribly. I agree - after the miracle of birth - how could anyone not believe in God? So excited for you and Austin!

    ReplyDelete