Monday, January 25, 2010

8 Weeks Left!

So, I'm starting to freak out.....only 8 weeks left until we get to meet our little man! I am excited, nervous, scared, overwhelmed, any emotion you can think of, I've probably had it! We made HUGE progress on the nursery this weekend. All furniture is put together and arranged, most of his clothes are hanging. Just waiting on bedding and curtains, and we will be ready for him!

Some of you may know, but I am absolutely terrified of the birthing process. I'm hoping God will feel sorry for me and deliver him by stork to our front door (a girl can hope.....right?). But I am trying to convince myself that women do this every day and I am strong enough to get through it! Any comments of encouragement would be greatly appreciated (but please refrain from telling me your horror stories, since that's what many women like to do).

Here is our weekly baby update!
How far along? 32 weeks
Total weight gain: Not sure. I head back to the doctor next Monday, but hopefully I have at least put on the weight I lost last week.
How big is baby? He weighs about 3.75 pounds. From this point on, he gains most of his birth weight in preparation for arrival!
Sex: Boy
Maternity Clothes: Yep.....really sick of them though.
Stretch Marks: Not yet! I do need to re-order some cream this week though.....
Sleep: Pretty good
Best Moment This Week: Getting his nursery close to being done! I can't wait until the morning I walk by and see him in the crib!
Movement: Lots of it. He LOVES to dance around about 10 p.m. when I try to go to sleep.
Food Cravings: I REALLY want a few treats I can't have. I've lived without since July though.....I can wait until April!
Labor Signs: None
Belly Button: Still in!
What I miss: Having more clothing options
What I'm looking forward to: My baby shower is on Saturday! Can't wait to see all the goodies he gets!
Words of Wisdom: Nothing.....well, I only have 7 weeks left to work, so that's fun news.
Weekly Gripe: I must be in a pretty good mood, because there isn't much to gripe about today (except for the lady at Publix last week who cut me off to get the first parking space. I hope she felt bad when I walked by her car.....I will be much more courteous to pregnant women in the future.).

I've been taking pics of the nursery, so need to post them at some point. Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Pics please!!!!! I can't wait to see the nursery this weekend! Glad you are having a good week! See you Friday! Love you!

    ReplyDelete