Monday, January 18, 2010

Rough but Productive!

This weekend was interesting, to say the least! Saturday morning, we woke up bright and early, very motivated to conquer the world (i.e....the nursery and organizing the house). My WONDERFUL husband got the nursery painted and it looks great! I, however, came down with a stomach virus and spent much of the afternoon and all night very sick. Being sick is the worst, and pregnancy makes it a hundred times worse. Yesterday I felt a little better though, just in time to go to the doctor today.

Today was my 31 week appointment. Due to the stomach virus, I lost 5 pounds since my last visit. However baby boy had a strong heartbeat and was moving around while they checked us out. The dr. said to keep rehydrating and focus on gaining that weight back in the next few weeks. Guess that means I can have lots of Milo's burgers between now and then :)

Here are our weekly stats:
How far along? 31 weeks....wow I am so not ready for this!
Total weight gain:Down 5 due to stomach bug, so total is around 11
How big is baby? He weighs about 3.3 pounds and is around 16 inches long
Sex?Boy
Maternity Clothes?Yes, but getting very sick of them!
Stretch Marks? Nope!
Sleep:Pretty good this week
Best moment this week: Getting the nursery ready
Movement: Definitely! Little guy was going nuts while I was sick!
Food Cravings: Nothing sounds good after this stomach bug
Labor signs:None
Belly Button:Still in
What I miss: Normal clothes
What I'm looking forward to: Wearing normal clothes.....
Words of Wisdom: All men should remember to "dote" on their pregnant wives!
Weekly Gripe:Today I was at Brookwood Mall running a few errands. Keep in mind that I just got over a stomach bug and still don't feel great. So, my mom and I were shopping and I started to feel a little funny, somewhat dizzy. I've done this several times during pregnancy and usually it's low blood sugar so drinking a coke makes me feel better. I go to Chick fil a and order a large coke. The ignorant GIRL at the counter said to me "you shouldn't be drinking coke". I replied to her, "I do not need you or anyone else telling me what I should or should not be doing". She then says to me "You need to learn to take a joke. I joke around with my pregnant friends all the time". I could not believe she actually said these things to me!!!!!!!!!!!!! I fully intend to call the manager today and complain about this girl! I'll let you guys know what response I get.....

I've been taking before and after pics of the nursery, so be looking for a few pic updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment