Tuesday, February 23, 2010

36 Weeks!

Today we reached the 36-week mark! Only 1 more week until baby boy is considered "full term".....so that's a big relief. I had a doc visit today and will continue going weekly until our little one decides to make his big debut! As of today I am 2 1/2 centimeters dialated and 50% effaced (spelling?), so definitely making some progress. Dr. E said he doesn't expect anything to happpen for 2-3 weeks, but also added the "you never know" comment. I think I need a few more weeks to finish things though!

Weekly Update:
How far along? 36 weeks
Total weight gain: added another 2 pounds today....this is getting ridiculous!
How big is baby: He should weigh almost 6 pounds and around 18 1/2 inches long, but who knows!
Sex: Boy!
Maternity clothes: Yep....and even those are getting tight!
Stretch marks: Mama Mio has let me down. I think I have a few around my belly button. Don't worry, I've already started on Austin to let me have laser treatments eventually.....I am severely upset about this!
Sleep: Depends on the night. Very dreamy sleep though!
Best moment this week: I LOVE hearing his heartbeat, so that was fun! Also, it's exciting to know we are making some progress toward him being ready to join us.
Movement: Still lots of it, but can tell he's running out of room (as is Mama!)
Food cravings: Sweets, chocolate, cheesecake, anything bad for you.
Labor signs: Still having occasional contractions, 2 1/2 cents dialated!
Belly button: Still in, but looks funny
What I miss: Smoked salmon and caesar salad!
What I'm looking forward to: Meeting our precious boy! It's so weird that he's so close to me, but yet I know very little about him. What will he look like, what's his personality, so many questions!!!!!!!!!
Words of wisdom: I asked my dr. if I could travel to Atlanta this weekend for E's b'day. He said sure, as long as you don't go on Friday during rush hour! All of you Atl folks, your traffic is horrible!!!!!!!!!!!
Weekly gripe: I think more places should have "expectant mother" parking. Just a selfish thought at the moment.

Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. That is so exciting!!! That is great that you already have some progress!

    I also agree, more places should have expectant mother parking!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of these days you'll look at Will and those stretch marks will mean something different......what we go through as mothers to bring these precious babies into this world! :-) Missing you this weekend - love you bunches!!!

    ReplyDelete